Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It’s All About The Timing

How effective are door hangers?  Are they, when they are used as a flyer placed on a car in a parking lot?  I know that most of the time when I find a business card or post card size promotion placed on my car they don’t lead to many actions.

Many times there needs to be a combination of needs and interest to cause the action that the “message” targets.

The other day I found a door hanger flyer stuffed in my car door.  I should tell you the back story so you understand why the action was 50% message and 50% need.

For many years I have stopped for lunch at a certain Chinese restaurant every so often.  There is a car wash that shares the parking lot.  Over the years I have never used their service.  The car wash had changed names several times.  It sold a name brand gas for a while as well. Recently it closed down and after a time it was fully remodeled.  Both cosmetically and mechanically as well.  With another name change it re-opened.  But, still I never used them.  No reason, just wasn’t something that was a purchase.

After shopping at a nearby Wal-Mart, I found the door hanger on my car.  The offer was very straight forward.  A Grand Opening Special.  The offer was a Free eight dollar car wash.  The timing was two parts my was really in need of a bath and I had a bit of free time.

So after many years I was a potential customer who took the time to respond to their offer.  The employees were friendly and they did a good job.  So now you can say I have changed into a “real” customer.  Do door hangers work?  Yes, of course they do.  If you put out a thousand targeted messages and the timing is right a percentage of your offers will get the desired response. 

In this case there was no “Free” lunch, but, there was a free car wash and because of their service they have “captured” a customer.

Was the actual quality of the design special or perfect.  No, using black text on a dark blue background  diminished the effectiveness of part of the message.  The important thing was they did a promotion that will help them have more paying customers in the future.

You can start by contacting MI Printing for help with you next business flyer, brochure or door hanger.  Just give us a call at 623.582.1302.

Presented By
MI Printing, LLC
Phone: 623.582.1302
Email:
sales@printinginaz.com
http://printinginaz.com