1. Compromise in marketing is almost always a bad idea. Extreme A could work. Extreme B could work. The average of A and B will almost never work.
2. You won’t get it right the first time. Your campaign will need to be reinvented, adjusted or scrapped. Count on it.
3. Convenient choices are not often the best choices. Just because an agency, an asset or a bizdev deal are easy to do doesn’t mean that they are your best choice.
4. If it makes you nervous, it’s probably a good idea. If you’re sure you’re right, you probably aren’t.
5. Test, measure and optimize. Figure out what's working and do it more.